Cyprus AIF-LNP (Limited Number of Persons)
The Cyprus AIF-LNP (Alternative Investment Fund for Limited Number of Persons) is a “light-touch” regulated investment fund, representing the most flexible legal form provided by the Cyprus Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) Law. The AIF-LNP can be an attractive solution for investors:
- Light Regulatory Regime: Requirements for the AIF-LNP licence are considerably easier than those of other types of AIFs
- Flexibility: there are no limitations on investment areas and limited requirements for diversification of investments.
- Lower Costs: lower registration expenses and ongoing costs with respect of other AIFs
- Simplified Requirements: under certain conditions an AIF-LNP does not need to appoint certain counterparties (e.g. depositaries)
- Maximum of 75 professional or well-informed investors
The setup and operations of an AIF-LNP that is self-managed can be demanding and costly in terms of personnel and regulatory requirements.
Advantages of having Numisma as external manager of your AIF-LNP
Having Numisma as a Manager of your AIF offers a number of important advantages:
- Greatly simplify both the setup and the ongoing operations of your AIF. A regulated Cyprus Investment Firm such as Numisma can take care of most of the setup and ongoing regulatory requirements.
- Reduced requirements and costs for Personnel and Directors: a self- managed AIF typically needs to appoint internally suitable professionals approved by CySEC for the management of the fund, compliance and reporting.
- Help in taking the right choices: as Managers, we know from experience the main dangers and pitfalls that can make the difference between success and failure of a fund.
We aim to give you peace of mind, knowing that key functions such as Management, Compliance and Reporting are in the hands of qualified and experienced professionals.